OUR VIDEO SERVICES
Re-live the moment of your special event through the vivid eyes of Snap That™ videography services in Durban. It will be something you would want to share with others and enjoy together forever.
We are passionate film makers and love creating memories for couples that would make you say “Ahhhhh” in a romantic way, and bring a tear to their eyes. Dedicated to the craft of creating beautiful memories…capturing the touching moments and the emotions that make your wedding day special to you.
Our team of experienced creatives are experts(Well we try our best to be) in videography. We are one of the very few videography companies in Durban that offers different amazing services. We have worked in and around the KZN region (Hillcrest, Umhlanga, Durban North, La Lucia, La Mercy, Mount Edgecombe, etc) all the way down the South Coast (Amanzimtoti, Margate, Port Edward, Port Shepstone, etc), and up to the North Coast (Ballito, Salt Rock, Shaka’s Rock, Zimbali, etc) we’ve even worked in the Midlands. This travel adventure in the name of entertainment has not only taught us alot, but it has also enriched us culturally!
Should You Hire a Videographer for your event?
OBVIOUSLY!!!!. Photos capture still moments, video captures the emotions, actions everything in between. A photo can do wonders, but it won’t let you listen to your touching guest speeches or the games being played. The sentiment you felt when you had your first dance with your mum or dad.! You will not want to miss those special moments not even for a million bucks. It is a fact that the single biggest regret people gave after their event, was not booking a videographer. Only a video captures sound and lets you re-live your event like no one or anything can.
- Travel Fee: R6 per km – For weddings outside of Durban (30km from our office)
- Guest interviews and messages of love and wishes for the newly married couple can be a very special part of your finished film. If you’d like video messages from your wedding day, your videographer can approach your bridal party and parents and politely request messages for your wedding video. We also let the MC let the guest know.
- Highlight video: Summary of your awesome event.
What our videos promise:
- Incredible Clarity with DSLR: We use Canon DSLR cameras and constant lighting to produce clear videos.
- Online Gallery: Your guests can view your highlight videos directly on our Facebook. We post all the pictures and videos on our social pages and website for your guests to access them easily.
- Free Consult: To get to know each other, find out your requirements, likes and dislikes and what makes you smile.
- Branded Snap That™ USB with your awesome HD Video.
Our goal when producing a video is to make it as emotionally engaging as humanly possible. This is what we strive for each and every time. Checkout our previous Event Videos.
Can we meet and talk about my ideas for my film before we book you?
Absolutely! We want to meet with you and get to know you! It helps us, and even makes our job easier when we can sit down and get to know you and really listen to your story. If you have any ideas, we are happy to hear them. It’s our job to tell the story, so the more we can learn about you, the better we can project your story. We always arrange to meet our couples one month before the wedding. This gives us a chance to discuss timings for your day and any other information that will be useful.
How do I book you for my wedding day?
We offer all our clients a FREE 30 minute consultant. We would love to get to know each other, discuss your requirements, expectations and see if we are a good match. If this is not possible a quick chat over the phone will do. Once you happy to book us, we will send you a contract (so we all on the same page) and we require a 25% deposit to confirm the booking. Final payment is due within 7 days prior to the wedding (or event).
What do I get with my video package?
Your event video will be edited and stored on a branded Snap That™ USB in full HD Video. We highly recommend you supplying us with an external hard drive or one can be purchased at an additional charge. We will store a MP4 format video which is great for those smart and big screen TV. Collection will be done at our offices.
How many copies of our completed video do we get?
All our packages come with 1 branded USB. You are more than welcome to bring your own external hard drive for an extra copy. Or an extra branded USB can be purchased for R350.00.
Can I order extra copies of my video?
All our packages come with 1 branded USB. You are more than welcome to bring your own external hard drive for an extra copy or an extra branded USB can be purchased for R350.00.
Can I choose the music for my video?
Yes you are more than welcome to. We will require songs for
- Décor shots
- When the guest are mingling
- Family photos
- Background music
- Background music for your highlight video.
Is the video time continuous or can it start and stop it?
Coverage times are continuous. If you would like a break in-between an idle fee may apply.
How long will it take for my video to be ready?
We will never like to rush that most important day of your lives. We will require 3 weeks after your event date and if we’re done sooner, you will be the first to know. During peak time such as November and December, we will require 4 to 5 weeks.
Why Do I Need a second angel or second videographer?
One videographer cannot be in two places at once, as much as we wish to be. This is where hiring a second videographer can come in handy. For example
- The second videographer cannot physically stand in the same place as the lead shooter, so we are going to get two different perspectives (at the very least). More often, second shooters endeavour to bring different artistic ideas and interpretations, and to capture moments that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- When there are two videographers involved, there will be a wide-angle lens on the main camera for those beautiful cinematic shots and the second videographer will have a tighter lens on their camera to capture all the subtle facial expressions and the more intimate moments between a couple. When adding these together they make for a more visually striking wedding film.
- Play it safe: With video there are times we will have to change batteries or memory charges. So you may get a small break in transmission.
Do you record in high-definition (HD)?
Yes, all our filming and videography is done in HD. It looks magical on a HD TV
Can we do extra hours on the day?
Yes, you are more than welcome too. We would highly recommend chatting to us first once you have your agenda completed.
We got you covered for the first 30km from our office. Thereafter it will be R6 per km. Toll fees will be an additional charge. We do events nationally and internationally. We love to travel.
Can Snap That™ work alongside our photographer?
You obviously haven’t met us. We get along with EVERYONE. We can work alongside any photographer as we have done many times before. We’re also happy to discuss your wedding day with your photographer prior to the wedding.
Can I make changes to my edited video?
Of course. When you receive the initial video of your completed video, you will have one week to review it and let us know if any changes are required. If we can make those change it will be done ASAP. A charge may apply for changes depending on your requirements.
Should I have my videographer come early to shoot prep?
Many clients prefer to have the videographer film the excitement of preparation with you and loved ones just before the party or event. This can be a great way to capture the fun leading up to the event.
When should my videographer start?
It’s really up to the client, budget and requirements, as to when we will begin shooting for the day. Most clients like to include hair & makeup, when your loved ones sees your face for the first time when you all dress up. We never like to rush these priceless moments, so give us time.
At a minimum, your videographer should start shooting at your event site about 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Many officiants actually require the videographer and his equipment to be completely set up prior to guests being seated. Also we love to get those décor and stage shots before the guest come in and mess up everything
Can we get the RAW Footage?
Unfortunate not. RAW files are not available at this point in time. Most people do not have the software to open the RAW files.
What does your camera and equipment look like?
We shoot with Canon DSLR cameras. They are small, professional models. They are prefect for our needs.